Update on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
Herefordshire Council and its partners are well prepared to deal with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). There are tried and tested procedures to prevent further spread and the NHS is very well prepared and used to managing infections.
For further details please visit the Herefordshire Council website https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/coronavirus. The website has links to a variety of guidance documents which you may find useful. We advise that you do not print or download guidance but use the links provided, which will be updated as required based on new information.
How you can help
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds, especially before cooking and eating; after using the toilet and using public transport.
- ‘Catch it. Bin it. Kill it’: If you sneeze or cough remember to catch it with a tissue; bin it and kill it by washing your hands or using a hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water isn’t available.
- Follow PHE’s returning traveller advice: There are some countries and areas where there’s a higher chance of coming into contact with someone with coronavirus. If you have returned from travelling outside of the UK within the last 14 days please check and follow the PHE specific advice for returning travellers.
- Stay up to date with the latest information.
Additional sources of general information
For the latest, reputable sources of information about this coronavirus please visit the following websites:
- Health advice about coronavirus: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Latest information: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
- Frequently asked Questions: https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/01/23/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-what-you-need-to-know/