Brockhampton Group Parish Council is producing a Neighbourhood Development Plan. This is a statutory document that will set out a vision for the future of the parishes up to 2031. The aim is to make Brockhampton, Norton and Linton better places to live, work and visit.
We have now reached the stage where we have a draft plan – and we want to know what you think.
Please send us your comments, using the above form, and return:
- by email to the Parish Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to the Parish Clerk, 35 Benbow Close, Malvern Wells, Worcestershire WR14 4JJ
If you’d prefer to read a printed version of these documents, or if you have any other questions, please contact the Parish Clerk.
All comments must be received by 5:00PM on Monday 7th December 2020 for them to be taken into account.
Thank you for your help,
Brockhampton Group Parish Council
What is a Neighbourhood Development Plan?
There are government plans to increase housing provision by 15% in rural areas by 2031, this equates to approximately 30 new dwellings across the group parish. A Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) sets out policies and plans for the area and gives communities direct power to choose where they want these new homes, shops and offices to be built, what those new buildings should look like and what infrastructure should be provided.
Neighbourhood Development Plans can:
• Decide where and what type of development should happen within the parish
• Decide what the development should look like
• Promote development of the community in line with Herefordshire Council’s Core Strategy
• Include detailed planning policies for the parish
Neighbourhood Development Plans cannot:
• Conflict with the policies within Herefordshire Council’s Core Strategy
• Be used to prevent development
• Include county matters such as waste and minerals
For more about Neighbourhood Planning click here or watch the video below!