Meeting of the Parish Council held at 7:30PM on Thursday 15th June 2017 at Bromyard and Winslow Town Council Offices
Present: Paul Friend (Chairman), Helen Allan, Roger Steeds, Dave Cave, Pete Stoddart, Shaun Simpson, Karen Rock, Gill Williams
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), Nigel Shaw (Ward Councillor)
1. Apologies for absence
No apologies received.
2. Declarations of interest
4. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council on the 18th May 2017
The minutes were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
5. Progress Reports:
1. Bromyard Motocross Track
The location was clarified as Bromyard Motocross Track, Old House Farm. A schedule of events had been supplied to Herefordshire Council and these were considered at the meeting. It was noted that these dates, plus two events held earlier in the year, would make up the 14 days permitted per year.
An update was given on the Police’s response to safety concerns regarding the access onto the Malvern Road. It was noted that these enquiries were ongoing.
It was confirmed that Herefordshire Council Environmental Health would only investigate if noise complaints were received by residents.
Nigel Shaw provided an update on the permissions needed to close/divert a Public Right of Way and confirmed that no special permission was needed for the caravans to be on site during these events.
6. Open Session:
1. Report by Ward Councillor
Nigel Shaw provided an update on planning reference 162809 (Tom’s Patch, Stanford Bishop, Bringsty – Proposed holiday park for 40 holiday caravans, associated infrastructure and managerial lodge), which was still undecided. It was noted that a high number of objections had been received.
An update was given on Woods Transport Yard and the S215 notice to clear up the site.
Nigel Shaw was awaiting further developments regarding Saltmarshe.
Consultations would shortly be undertaken regarding Public Space Protection Orders and Herefordshire Council’s budget.
It was confirmed that there would be no road closures on the 24th September for the Velo Birmingham cycle event. Herefordshire Council was still in discussions with Velo Birmingham regarding other options.
It was confirmed that sections of the A44 were on the list for maintenance and were awaiting a date for repair.
2. Public participation (10 minutes)
Cllr Rock provided a short update on the Bromyard Downs Common Association.
1. 171690 – Grooms Cottage, Brockhampton Mews, Bringsty, Worcester, Herefordshire WR6 5TB. Replace existing windows with slim-line double glazed joinery.
No objections were raised by the Parish Council.
2. 171386 – Holly Cottage, Bringsty, Worcester, Herefordshire WR6 5UW. Erection of a galvanised steel pergola over the koi pond and patio in the garden (part retrospective).
It was agreed that a comment would be lodged with the planning department requesting that the pergola should be painted green to be less visually intrusive.
3. P171762/L – 1 and 2 Greenfields, Brockhampton Mews, Bringsty, Herefordshire, WR6 5TB. Alteration of rainwater goods to provide better water disposal.
No objections were raised by the Parish Council.
8. Consideration of layby on A44 and suggestion to close it permanently
The Council unanimously resolved to ask Herefordshire Council to close the layby permanently.
9. Clater Park:
1. Further consideration of drainage issues
An update was provided on drainage issues associated with this location. It was understood that work may have taken place or been agreed by Herefordshire Council but the Parish Council had not been notified or consulted.
It was agreed that the Clerk would write to Kevin Bishop, with a copy sent to the Environment Agency, to raise these concerns.
2. Possible change of use of ‘The Old Diary’
It was noted that the planning permission given for this building referred to it being an ancillary building. There was concern that this building was to be used as a holiday cottage, and it was felt that this would be inappropriate given the health concerns previously raised by the Parish Council. It was agreed that the Clerk would contact Herefordshire Council to raise these concerns and insist that if it was to be used as a holiday cottage that a formal change of use is applied for.
10. Broadband Event: to consider attendance at the Broadband Event Monday 19 June from 6pm to 8pm.
No attendance agreed at this time.
11. Rural Area Site Allocation Development Plan Document: to consider response to the consultation by Herefordshire Council.
It was noted that various sites had been earmarked for possible future development within the Parish. There was a discussion on possible sites for future development and whether the Parish Council should pursue a Neighbourhood Development Plan. It was resolved to add this to the next agenda for further consideration.
12. Code of Conduct: to consider adoption of Herefordshire Council’s revised Code of Conduct.
The Council considered and adopted the revised Code of Conduct.
1. Clerks salary and expenses £291.67
2. HMRC PAYE £59.00
3. Bringsty Common Manorial Court (football pitch maintenance) £200.00
4. Greenbarnes Ltd (notice board) £1367.22
All of the above payments were agreed by the Council.
5. To review and adopt updated Financial Regulations
The Council considered and adopted the proposed Financial Regulations.
6. To review and adopt an Equal Opportunities Policy
The Council considered and adopted the proposed Equal Opportunities Policy.
7. To consider the independent internal auditors report
The Independent auditors report was considered and it was agreed to implement the recommendations.
8. To consider approval of Annual Governance Statement for the External Auditor
The Annual Governance Statements were considered individually. The Council considered that it could not answer yes to ‘statement 1’ because of the issues highlighted by the internal auditor. All other statements were agreed in the affirmative and the Statement was signed by the Chairman and Clerk.
9. To consider approval of Statement of Accounts for the External Auditor
The Statement of Accounts was considered and agreed by the Council and was signed by the Chairman and Clerk.
14. Councillors’ reports and Items for the next agenda
Cllr Friend provided an update on the activities of the Bringsty Common Manorial Court.
The following matters were agreed for inclusion on the next agenda:
• Website development and content ideas
• Rural Area Site Allocation Development Plan Document consultation
• Consideration of a Neighbourhood Development Plan
• BDCA, BCMC and Footpaths Officer reports
15. Date of the next meeting
The next meeting would be on the 13th July at 7:30PM.
The meeting closed at 21:36PM