Meeting of the Parish Council at 7:30PM on Wednesday 24th April 2019 at Bromyard and Winslow Town Council Offices
Present: Dave Cave (Chair), Helen Allan, David Boddington, Clive Brazier, Shaun Simpson, Karen Rock, Gill Williams
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), Nigel Shaw (Ward Councillor), member of the public
1. Apologies for absence
No apologies were received.
2. Declarations of interest
4. Open Session
The meeting was adjourned for the open session.
1. Report from the Ward Councillor
Nigel Shaw provided a report:
• Welsh Water had fixed the leak on Holybush Lane.
• A new bus service would be going to Saltmarshe.
The Ward Councillor asked if the Parish Council might consider funding a bus shelter on the A44 at the entrance to the track to the Live and Let Live. It was understood the Whitbourne Parish Council might have a shelter that they could donate and Nigel Shaw would make further enquiries accordingly.
2. Report from Bromyard Downs Common Association
Footbridges had been installed on Bromyard Downs; it was understood that discussions were ongoing as to whether these should be kept or removed as they had not been formally approved by the BDCA. Councillors expressed some concern over safety, however it was resolved to leave the matter to the BDCA.
3. Report from Bringsty Common Manorial Court
No items reported.
4. Public participation
A member of the public raised an issue with flood lights causing light pollution that was visible from Bromyard Downs. Nigel Shaw agreed to look into the matter, if the owner of the lights could be traced.
The meeting resumed following the open session.
5. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on the 20th March 2019
It was resolved to adopt the minutes as a true record and these were signed by the Chair.
6. Progress reports
1. Parish Council elections
It was noted that there had not been sufficient nomination papers submitted to allow a quorate council after the elections on the 2nd May 2019. Clive Brazier and Karen Rock apologised for missing the deadline for submission of nomination papers.
There would be a further election for the parish, currently planned for 6th June 2019. Those that had previously submitted nomination papers (David Boddington, Helen Allan and Shaun Simpson) would not be required to do so again.
2. Grit bin, Burley Lane
Balfour Beatty Living Places had agreed to look into replacing the damaged bin on Burley Lane but would not relocate a bin to the layby on the hill between the railway bridge and Open Fields caravan site. A request would be made to add this site to their waiting list.
Nigel Shaw agreed to look into the matter to see if the grit bin could be relocated.
1. Bromyard Downs Common Association: To consider a request for funding assistance for maintenance work to the downs car park (total cost of work estimated at £419.18).
It was resolved to make a contribution of £200.00 towards these works.
1. Neighbourhood Development Plan
An update was received from the Steering Group. The following approximate project timescales were noted:
• Call for sites assessment – June
• Progress update letter drop – June to September
• Community Engagement Event – September/October
• Draft plan late 2019 – September to December
• Parish Council approval of draft plan – November/December
• Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitat Regulations Assessment (provided by Herefordshire Council) for inclusion in the draft plan – November/December
• Regulation 14 consultation – January 2020
• Revised NDP and consultation statement – March/April 2020
• Parish Council approval of revised plan – April 2020
• Regulation 16 consultation (end of Steering Group input), examination and referendum – April 2020 onwards (further 6 to 9 months until adoption)
2. P191002/L: Brockhampton House Brockhampton Mews Bringsty Worcester Herefordshire WR6 5TB. Addition of new internal doorways and doors, insertion of passenger lift and addition of glazed timber screen within an existing porch.
It was resolved to write in support of the proposals.
3. P191001/FH: Brockhampton House Brockhampton Mews Bringsty Worcester Herefordshire WR6 5TB. Addition of new internal doorways and doors, insertion of passenger lift and the addition of glazed timber screen within an existing porch.
It was resolved to write in support of the proposals.
9. Parish matters for discussion/decision
1. Climate Emergency: To consider joining Herefordshire County Council and other authorities in declaring a climate emergency. This acknowledges the serious implications of climate change and that as a council we will consider any actions with regard for the environment as best we can; be aware of the changes to expect in the years to come and how we can help support our community with those changes and to mitigate their effects.
It was resolved to join Herefordshire County Council and other authorities in declaring a climate emergency. All future decisions and projects would be considered with due regard to the changing environment.
2. Clerk’s delegation: To clarify the Clerk’s delegated powers if the council is inquorate.
It was confirmed that urgent decisions required between scheduled meetings, or when the council in inquorate, are delegated to the Clerk and any decisions made under this delegation will be reported to and minuted at the next council meeting. A maximum expenditure of £1500.00 is permitted under this delegated authority.
1. Year end accounts (2018/19)
It was resolved to approve the end of year accounts for 2018/19.
2. Certificate of Exemption
It was resolved that the Parish Council had met the requirements to certify itself exempt from external audit and the certificate was duly signed.
3. Annual Internal Audit Report
The internal auditor’s report was considered and it was noted that there were no recommendations requiring attention.
4. Annual Governance Statement
The Annual Governance Statement was considered and it was resolved that this had been achieved and it was duly signed.
5. Accounting Statements
The Statement of Accounts was considered and it was resolved to approve and it was duly signed.
1. David Hunter-Miller (salary and expenses): £527.97
2. HMRC (PAYE): £49.80
It was resolved to settle the above invoices and cheques were duly signed.
11. Councillors’ reports and Items for the next agenda
It was noted that the ditch at the end of Bromyard Downs by the old hospital was blocked and had been reported to Balfour Beatty for attention.
It was noted that David Boddington would be able to post notices on the Bromyard Downs notice boards.
A request was made to the Ward Councillor for the signing at Station Road to be improved as it was reported that HGV’s were finding it difficult to find the location.
It was resolved to add the following items to the next agenda:
• Bus shelter provision on A44
• Light pollution (Bromyard Downs)
• Grit bin, Burley Lane
12. Date of the next meeting
It was resolved to hold the Annual Parish Meeting at 7:30PM on Friday 3rd May 2019.
The next scheduled Parish Council meeting is at 7:30PM Wednesday 19th June 2019.
The meeting closed at 20:48PM.