Meeting of the Parish Council at 7:30PM on Wednesday 16th January 2019 at Bromyard and Winslow Town Council Offices
Present: Dave Cave (Chair), Gill Williams, Helen Allan, David Boddington, Clive Brazier, Shaun Simpson
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), Nigel Shaw (Ward Councillor), members of the public
1. Apologies for absence
No apologies were received.
2. Declarations of interest
4. Open Session
The meeting was adjourned for the open session.
1. Report from the Ward Councillor
Nigel Shaw provided a report:
• Nigel had attended a local government finance conference; the number of support grants available to Herefordshire Council would be reduced in future.
• 86% of all councils had overspent their Children’s Services budget; Herefordshire Council were looking at a £2 million overspend in this area but would still hopefully manage a balanced budget.
• A number of vacancies had arisen in Herefordshire Council’s planning department which may have an impact on the turnaround times for some planning applications.
2. Report from Bromyard Downs Common Association
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 23rd January 2019.
3. Report from Bringsty Common Manorial Court
The following report was noted:
• A report to Natural England had been submitted.
• A woodland maintenance plan had been completed and would be submitted shortly.
• A number of owl boxes had been installed.
4. Public participation
A member of the public spoke in support of a planning application that they were looking to submit for ‘Bannut Gardens’. The plan was to alter the roofline for structural purposes and to allow a number of alterations to the inside of the property. It was anticipated that the planning application would be submitted within the next two weeks.
The meeting resumed following the open session.
5. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on the 15th November 2018
It was resolved to adopt the minutes as a true record and these were signed by the Chair.
6. Progress reports
1. Vacancies and co-option
It was noted that there were currently eight vacancies on the Parish Council (dropping to three vacancies following the implementation of the Community Governance Review in April 2019).
2. Burying Lane road surface maintenance
The Parish Council had received a number of complaints regarding the road surface condition of Burying Lane. Nigel Shaw had made enquiries and it was hoped that the worst sections of the lane would be resurfaced early in the new financial year.
3. Litter Innovation Trial
It was noted that the litter bin had been replaced and a summary of the litter bin trial would be shared with the Parish Council when available. Members felt that litter was a problem across the group parish.
1. West Mercia Police: Community Messaging Service (CMS)
Details of the Police’s Community Messaging Service were circulated.
2. Herefordshire Community Champion Awards 2019
Nominations were considered for the Community Champion Awards and it was resolved to nominate the Bromyard Christmas Lights Association; Gill Williams would prepare a statement accordingly.
3. Herefordshire Council: Public Green Spaces Community Grant Scheme
The availability of funding under the Public Green Spaces Community Grant Scheme was noted but it was felt that the group parish had no areas that would be eligible for the funding.
4. Herefordshire Council: Parish Council Summit
An invite to Herefordshire Council’s Parish Council Summit on the 24th January 2019 was noted; Dave Cave would endeavour to attend.
5. Linton to Brockhampton Primary School
An email had been received concerning the potentially unsafe route to school from Linton to Brockhampton Primary School. The Parish Council felt that there were alternative routes that could be used that would allow safe and easy passage to the school from Linton. Nigel Shaw offered to respond to the resident as most of these issues fall within the purview of Herefordshire Council.
1. Neighbourhood Development Plan
An update was received from the Steering Group, and the following recommendations were considered:
• Open the call for sites with immediate effect, closing date 28th February 2019
• Publication of Household Questionnaire summary on Parish Council’s website and Bromyard.info
It was resolved to approve all recommendations.
2. P184446/F: Field East of Leyshall, Avenbury Lane, Bromyard, Herefordshire. Proposed agricultural fodder and implement store.
It was resolved that the Parish Council had no objections or concerns.
3. P184667/J: Saltmarshe Castle Caravan Park, Tedstone Wafre, Bromyard, Herefordshire, HR7 4PN. Proposed works to various trees. There are dead, dangerous and poor trees within this group. All trees that require works have been highlighted in the tree survey.
It was resolved to comment on the planning application and request that any trees that are felled should be replaced with a suitable mature species.
9. Parish matters for discussion/decision
1. Parish Council Meeting March 2019
An alternative date was considered for the April council meeting, it was resolved to move the meeting date to 7:30PM on Wednesday 24th April 2019.
1. To consider and approve budget expenditure
It was resolved to approve the budget expenditure.
2. To consider and approve the bank reconciliation
It was resolved to approve the bank reconciliation.
3. To consider and adopt a balances and reserves policy
It was resolved to adopt the policy with immediate effect.
4. Clerk’s salary and expenses – £455.33
5. HMRC (PAYE) – £103.20
6. HALC (website hosting and domain name) – £132.00
7. Royal Mail Group Ltd (NDP letter drop) – £27.06
8. Royal Mail Group Ltd (NDP letter drop) – £4.62
9. Bromyard and Winslow Town Council (room hire) – £97.20
10. Bringsty Common Manorial Court (football pitch maintenance) – £200.00
11. Bromyard Christmas Lights Association Limited (donation) – £100.00
It was resolved to settle the above invoices and cheques were duly signed.
12. To note payment of Clerk’s salary and expenses 14/12/18 – £456.75
13. To note payment of HMRC (PAYE) 14/12/18 – £103.20
The above payments were noted.
11. Councillors’ reports and Items for the next agenda
No items were reported for the next agenda.
12. Date of the next meeting
The next scheduled Parish Council meeting is at 7:30PM on Wednesday 20th February 2019.
The meeting closed at 20:42PM.