Meeting of the Parish Council held at 7:30PM on Thursday 15th March 2018 at Bromyard and Winslow Town Council Offices
Present: Paul Friend (Chairman), David Boddington, Helen Allan, Dave Cave, Pete Stoddart, Gill Williams
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), Nigel Shaw (Ward Councillor), members of the public
1. Apologies for absence
2. Declarations of interest
Paul Friend declared a pecuniary interest in agenda item 10 ‘Motocross events at Tiblands Farm’.
4. Open Session:
The meeting was adjourned for the public open session.
1. Report from the Ward Councillor, Nigel Shaw
• Herefordshire Council had published a list of Parish Council precepts.
• Jonathan Lester had been appointed Leader of the Council, Nigel Shaw had been appointed Deputy Leader of the Council.
• There was a ‘weeping window’ poppy display at Hereford Cathedral.
• Hereford bypass consultation was being undertaken.
• Balfour Beatty Living Places were utilising new ‘jetpatching’ equipment for pothole repairs.
• The planning appeal for Tom’s Patch had been rejected.
2. Report from Bromyard Downs Common Association
No report available.
3. Report from Bringsty Common Manorial Court
Barn Owl boxes were being produced and installed.
4. Report from the Footpaths Officer, Janet Green
No report available.
5. Public participation
Two residents of Bringsty Common, speaking also as representatives of Bringsty Common Manorial Court, raised concerns regarding the Bringsty Grand Prix (at Tiblands Farm).
It was understood that the event is linked to the Bromyard Festival of Speed and as a result was expected to be a lot larger than previous events (potentially 300 vehicles).
There were concerns over the poor access to the site for so many vehicles and also the likely noise pollution generated by the event. It was understood that there had been little consultation with local residents.
The meeting resumed following the public open session.
5. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on the 7th February 2018.
The minutes were agreed as a true record and were signed by the Chair.
6. Progress reports:
1. Community Champion Awards
Edgar Whiteley had been nominated by the Parish Council for the Community Champion Award. Mr Whiteley had been shortlisted and invited to the awards ceremony on the 16th March 2018. It was suggested to contact the Bromyard Christmas lights team to see if Mr Whiteley could turn on the lights for 2018.
2. Motocross Access, B4220 Malvern Road
It was noted that the Police had met with the motocross organisers and a number of safety improvements for the site access had been undertaken.
7. Neighbourhood Development Plan
An update was given by the Steering Group:
• Arrangements for future letter drops had been agreed.
• Consultation exhibitions would be held at Brockhampton Primary School.
• Steering Group meetings would be held monthly at Bromyard and Winslow Town Council Offices.
• The next meeting is scheduled for 6PM on Wednesday 18th April 2018.
1. 180392 – Live And Let Live, Bringsty, Worcester, Herefordshire WR6 5UW. Application for variation of condition 2 of planning permission NC2003/1825/F. For minor internal changes.
2. 180595 – The Nuttage Farm, Bringsty, Worcester, Herefordshire WR6 5UP. Proposed re-roofing of existing barns.
1. Traffic Concerns, Linton Trading Estate access onto the A44
It was noted that a number of signs had been relocated to increase visibility at this location. Accident data had been supplied by Herefordshire Council but this had not supported a case for intervention. The Police had made arrangements for vehicle speed data to be collected.
2. A44 Bromyard Bypass
The Parish Council considered the speed limit review proposals and agreed to write in support of the introduction of a 30mph limit. The Police would also be contacted as it was noted that they had not supported the introduction of a lower speed limit.
3. To note offer of ‘Parish Tour’ with Balfour Beatty Locality Steward
The offer was noted but it was felt that this was not needed at this time. A damaged tree limb overhanging the Stourport Road was reported.
It was agreed to add a link to Herefordshire Council’s ‘report it’ page to the Parish Council website.
Paul Friend had declared a pecuniary interest in this item and left the meeting to allow discussion. Pete Stoddart was appointed temporary Chairman for this agenda item.
It was noted that the Bringsty Grand Prix was scheduled for the 7th April 2018. Nigel Shaw confirmed that this event could be held under permitted development. Enquiries had been pursued regarding noise pollution but it was understood that a noise abatement notice would not be appropriate as the event was being held during the daytime, however, decibel measuring devices would be used at nearby properties during the event.
It was agreed to write to Marc Willimont to highlight the concerns of the Parish Council and residents. It was agreed to advise affected parishioners of the proposed sound monitoring equipment and to suggest that they record the traffic levels and disruption on the day so as to have evidence for any future events.
It was agreed to sign up to Herefordshire Council’s ‘Litter Pledge’.
12. Burial Fund
A burial fund policy was reviewed and agreed. This would be added to the website.
1. Clerk’s salary and expenses – £280.97
2. HMRC (PAYE) – £66.40
The above payments were agreed and cheques duly signed.
14. Councillors’ reports and Items for the next agenda
No items reported.
15. Date of the next meeting
The next scheduled meeting of the Parish Council is at 7:30PM on Thursday 19th April 2018.
The meeting closed at 21:18PM.