The next Steering Group meeting will be held on Wednesday 17th October at 6PM in the Bromyard and Winslow Town Council Offices, for further details contact the Parish Clerk.
Proposed future NDP meeting dates (subject to change):
6:00PM Wednesday 17th October 2018
6:00PM Wednesday 14th November 2018
6:00PM Wednesday 16th January 2019
6:00PM Wednesday 20th February 2019
6:00PM Wednesday 20th March 2019
Can you help?
Brockhampton Group Parish Council is looking to produce a Neighbourhood Development Plan. This is a statutory document that will set out a vision for the future of the parishes. The aim is to make Brockhampton, Norton and Linton better places to live, work and visit.
A steering group is being formed to develop the plan with representatives from across the group parish and consisting of both parish councillors and members of the public. If you have an interest in your local area and can spare a few hours or more, please contact the Parish Clerk for further details.
What is a Neighbourhood Development Plan?
There are government plans to increase housing provision by 15% in rural areas by 2031, this equates to approximately 30 new dwellings across the group parish. A Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) sets out policies and plans for the area and gives communities direct power to choose where they want these new homes, shops and offices to be built, what those new buildings should look like and what infrastructure should be provided.
Neighbourhood Development Plans can:
• Decide where and what type of development should happen within the parish
• Decide what the development should look like
• Promote development of the community in line with Herefordshire Council’s Core Strategy
• Include detailed planning policies for the parish
Neighbourhood Development Plans cannot:
• Conflict with the policies within Herefordshire Council’s Core Strategy
• Be used to prevent development
• Include county matters such as waste and minerals