Meeting of the Parish Council held at 7:30PM on Thursday 19th April 2018 at Bromyard and Winslow Town Council Offices
Present: Paul Friend (Chair), David Boddington, Dave Cave, Pete Stoddart, Helen Allan, Shaun Simpson, Gill Williams, Karen Rock (from 19:43)
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), Nigel Shaw (Ward Councillor), member of the public
1. Apologies for absence
Nigel Shaw (Ward Councillor) would be late to the meeting.
2. Declarations of interest
Paul Friend declared a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest in item 6.1 ‘Bringtsy Grand Prix’.
Paul Friend was granted a dispensation in order to provide a short update on item 6.1 ‘Bringtsy Grand Prix’.
4. Open Session
The meeting was adjourned for the public open session.
1. Report from the Ward Councillor, Nigel Shaw
• £4.6 million had been earmarked for maintenance of the A44 through Herefordshire.
• Burying Lane potholes had been filled. A blocked drain in Burying Lane was reported.
• Roll out of Universal Credit for Herefordshire will be on the 13th June 2018.
Concerns were raised with Nigel Shaw regarding the access from the Linton Industrial Estate onto the A44.
2. Report from Bromyard Downs Common Association
No report available.
3. Report from Bringsty Common Manorial Court
• The Manorial Court were awaiting the outcome of a decision from Natural England in respect of a new funding scheme.
• The bracken burn project had been successful but would come to end as funding had run out.
• The drover’s pond had been cleared out and maintained.
4. Report from the Footpaths Officer, Janet Green
No report available.
5. Public participation
The applicant for planning application 180864 (item 7.3) spoke in support of the proposals and circulated current plans for the Parish Council to review.
The meeting resumed following the public open session.
5. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on the 15th March 2018.
The minutes were agreed as a true record and were signed by the Chair.
6. Progress reports:
1. Bringsty Grand Prix
The matter had been raised with Bill Wiggin MP and Michael Gove MP. A response from the organisers was awaited.
2. Clater Park drainage
It was noted that some of the issues were still outstanding, including the flooding of the public footpath. Efforts were being made to find a way forward.
1. Neighbourhood Development Plan
• The Steering Group had met on 18th April 2018 and David Nicholson, appointed consultant for the NDP, was in attendance.
• The main steps for preparing the Neighbourhood Development Plan were outlined.
• The focus of the next Steering Group meeting would be the questionnaire and consultation.
• Additional representation on the Steering Group, especially from farms and businesses, was considered desirable.
2. P180724/FH associated ref. P180725/L: The Old Post Office Bringsty Worcester Herefordshire WR6 5TA, Proposed outbuilding.
It was agreed to raise no objections to the proposals.
3. P180864/F: The Rookery Woods Norton Bromyard Herefordshire. Proposed erection of 3 ‘eco-pods’ for use as self-catering holiday accommodation.
It was agreed to write in support of the proposals, but concerns over access would be highlighted.
4. P181075/FH: The Old School House, Bringsty, Worcester, Herefordshire WR6 5UP. Proposed single storey extensions to replace the conservatory and sun room, and ground mounted solar panels within the garden.
It was agreed to write in support of the proposals.
1. A44 Layby
Options for permanent closure of the layby were considered.
It was agreed to pursue further enquiries with Balfour Beatty Living Places regarding the potential cost of providing verge marker posts.
9. Parish matters for discussion/decision
1. General Data Protection Regulation
The impact of the GDPR on the Parish Council was considered and the following policies and procedures were approved:
• Data Protection Policy
• Data Breach Procedure and log
• Data Protection Impact Assessment
• Subject Access Form and Guidance
• Contract Clauses Templates
• Privacy Notice Templates
• Documentation of personal data
It was agreed to review the appointment of a Data Protection Officer at a future meeting.
2. Retention Schedule
A document retention schedule was considered and adopted.
3. Annual Parish Meeting
It was agreed to hold the Annual Parish Meeting at 7:00PM on Thursday 17th May, immediately prior to the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council at 7:30PM (approximately).
4. Internal Auditor
It was agreed to appoint Herefordshire Association of Local Councils (HALC) for the internal audit of the 2017/18 accounts.
HALC’s training programme for Spring/Summer 2018 was noted.
1. Clerk’s salary and expenses – £302.13
2. HMRC (PAYE) – £66.20
The above payments were agreed and cheques duly signed.
11. Councillors’ reports and Items for the next agenda
The following matters were reported:
• The bus shelter by Linton Court had been vandalised.
• A kerb had been damaged at the junction of the Downs onto the B4203.
• A tree overhanging the B4203 was still a concern.
12. Date of the next meeting
The Annual Parish Meeting is scheduled to be held at 7:00PM Thursday 17th May 2018 and the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council would follow at approximately 7:30PM.
The next NDP Steering Group Meeting is scheduled for 6:00PM on Wednesday 30th May 2018.
13. Contract of Employment
A resolution was passed to exclude members of the public due to the confidential nature of this item.
A contract of employment for the Parish Clerk was considered and adopted.