Meeting of the Parish Council held at 7:30PM on Wednesday 7th February 2018 at Bromyard and Winslow Town Council Offices
Present: Paul Friend (Chair), Pete Stoddart, Helen Allan, Dave Cave, David Boddington, Shaun Simpson
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), Nigel Shaw (Ward Councillor), David Nicholson (DJN Planning), members of the public.
1. Apologies for absence
No apologies had been received.
2. Declarations of interest
4. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on the 26th January 2018.
The minutes were agreed as a true record and were signed by the Chair.
5. Open Session:
The meeting was adjourned for the public open session.
1. To Interview Planning Consultants for the Neighbourhood Development Plan
David Nicholson (DJN Planning) provided a short introduction on the services that he could offer in the preparation of the Neighbourhood Development Plan. A question and answer session followed.
2. Report by Ward Councillor, Nigel Shaw
• Herefordshire Council’s budget has been agreed with a total increase of 4.9% resulting in a net budget of £144 million pounds, £99 million of which is from Council Tax, £33 million from business rates and £12 million from government grants.
• An update was given on the traveller’s encampment at Linton.
• Illegal dumping at Saltmarshe has been dealt with by the Environment Agency and the advertising signs have been reduced in size.
Concern was expressed regarding the poor visibility from the Linton Trading Estate onto the A44. It was agreed to obtain the accident history for this location, and add to the next agenda for further consideration.
3. Update from Bromyard Downs Common Association
No update was available.
4. Update from Bringsty Common Manorial Court
A short update was given on the activities of the BCMC. The process of producing owl boxes had been started. The ‘old drover’s pond’ had been cleared again.
5. Report from the Footpaths Officer, Janet Green
No update was available.
6. Public participation (10 minutes)
No comments were received.
The meeting resumed following the public open session.
6. Neighbourhood Development Plan
It was unanimously agreed to appoint DJN Planning to assist with the preparation of the parish council’s Neighbourhood Development Plan.
1. 174713 – 1 Greenfields, Brockhampton Estate, Bringsty, Herefordshire, WR6 5TB. Proposed installation of small tiled dormer to rear roof of barn, to enable bat access.
No objections were raised by the parish council.
8. Community Governance Review
It was unanimously agreed that 10 seats would be the best fit for the group council (Linton 5 seats, Norton 4 seats and Brockhampton 1 seat).
9. Community Champion Awards
The council considered nominations and agreed to put forward Edgar Whitely. Cllr Stoddart would draft the nomination form and circulate to the council.
10. River Lugg Internal Drainage Board
The council considered the proposed revised byelaws and raised no objections.
11. Notice Boards
The council agreed arrangements to fit a replacement notice board for Brockhampton (already purchased) and to relocate the existing notice board to Norton.
1. Clerk’s salary and expenses – £293.57
2. HMRC (PAYE) – £66.40
The above payments were agreed and cheques duly signed.
3. To consider a donation to Bromyard Christmas Lights of £100.00
The above donation was agreed and a cheque duly signed.
4. To review budget expenditure for 2017/18.
It was noted that £2500 was ring fenced to cover the additional expenditure incurred by residents of the group parish wishing for a burial in Bromyard Cemetery. It was agreed to add this information to the website.
The budget expenditure was reviewed, agreed and signed by the Chair.
13. Councillors’ reports and Items for the next agenda
It was agreed to add the following items to the next agenda:
• Linton Trading Estate access onto the A44 – traffic concerns
• Motocross events at Tiblands Farm
• Neighbourhood Development Plan – update
14. Date of the next meeting
The next scheduled meeting of the parish council is at 7:30PM on Thursday 15th March 2018.
The meeting closed at 21:45PM.