Brockhampton Group Parish Council
Your Parish council = The closest tier of government to you. The voice of local people.
Neighbourhood Development Plan
Can you help?
The Parish Council are looking to produce a Neighbourhood Development Plan. This is a statutory document that will set out a vision for the future of the parishes, along with policies on:
- where development should go
- what sort of facilities need to be provided
- what improvements are needed in the area
The aim is to make Norton, Linton and Brockhampton better places to live, work and visit.
A Steering Group is being formed to develop the plan with representatives from across the group parish and consisting of both parish councillors and members of the public.
If you have an interest in your local area and can spare a few hours or more, please contact the Parish Clerk for further details.
There are vacancies on the Parish Council
Join and be an active member of our local community and help us with crime and safety, planning issues, environment, highways and local services.
• be over 21 and on the electoral register or a resident of the Parish or live within three miles of the Parish as the crow flies or own a business in the Parish
• be able to attend evening meetings every month
• have an interest in local issues
• have a desire to improve the quality of life in the Parish
• be able to represent the views of local people
The position is unpaid and voluntary, but some expenses such as training are paid for by the Parish Council.
For further details contact the Parish Clerk.